The Maintenance man dropped me off at my Weight Watchers meeting since he had to go back and forth between my apartments.  I had whole list of stuff for him to do, fix the light switch, cut the grass that was starting to resemble a jungle, fix the mini blind, kill the weeds etc etc.  Because we spend so much time together, people always think we’re secretly dating even though he’s old enough to be my Uncle.  Not quite old enough to be my Daddy, but definitely old enough to be my Uncle.  Besides, I never mix business with pleasure, it gets too messy.  Anyway, at the meeting, the scale showed that I lost 4.5 pounds!  I was pretty excited, even though I knew that I had really lost more if you take into account the weight I gained while I was skipping out on my weekly meetings.  My Master-cleanse-ish diet is really working. 

It was nice to see some familiar faces and the people who refer to me as the “lady who did the Half-Marathon.” At the end of the meeting, I was waiting to talk to the leader and overheard a fellow weight watcher explaining that she is a “big picture” person, and wants the 20 pounds gone now.  Ricarda, the leader, told her to enjoy the journey.  It’s a process and a journey to get there whether we like it or not, so you might as well enjoy it.  That was pretty profound for me.

In the interest of keeping the Maintenance man working, I decided to walk home after my meeting.  I Google mapped the route on my Blackberry phone, and to my surprise I was only 2.6 miles from my house.  I walked to the grocery store across the street from the meeting to get a bottle of water, and popped in my iPod in one ear.  I took her advice and decided to enjoy the journey home, even though it was hot and I would have preferred to be riding in the cool AC.  I put on Jill Scott’s smooth new album, and casually strolled back towards my house. 
It was really nice to just relax and walk.  I didn’t really think of it as working out.  The closer, I got to my house, and observed my surroundings, and I was reminded that I lived in the hood.  I was a little nervous since I didn’t have Nyah the gentle giant with me for protection.  I said a simple prayer and kept moving.  When I was about a mile from my house, the maintenance man pulled up next to me in my truck.  I kinda didn’t want to get in since I was enjoying my walk, but ultimately, I figured it might be best.  He was worried about me walking alone anyway.  After I got home, I read some more of my Writing Fiction For Dummiesbook, while getting ideas together for my novel.  Writing seems really easy until you get down to the word count, publishers and agents.  It’s a lot more work than I realized.  But, I’m super excited to write a best seller….Well… “Th-Th-Th-That’s All Folks!”
iTunes, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store

Leave a Reply